My husband has had a stroke. We never got around to signing a health care proxy or power of attorney. The doctors are asking me to authorize treatment. What should I do?

My husband has had a strokeWhen someone is incapacitated by illness or injury, he is no longer able to make or communicate his own medical or financial decisions.  Because your husband has not already designated someone to make those decisions for him by signing a durable power of attorney or health care proxy, then the court must appoint someone to act in his stead.  Attorney Harvey routinely appears in probate court to obtain guardianship and conservatorship authority for family members whose loved ones are no longer able to make their own decisions.